We are excited to announce an updated, streamlined Public API for new integration customers. We are excited to bring our automated shipping, fulfillment and streamlined transaction solutions to more customers worldwide. Read on about what's new.
Today we rolled out an updated, streamlined Public API for new integration customers. We are excited to bring our automated shipping, fulfillment and streamlined transaction solutions to more sellers and buyers of unique items, including art, furniture, and collectibles.
The API update builds on the successful release of our Pilot API with LiveAuctioneers earlier this year.
"Shipping has always been a point of friction in the post-sale process for successful bidders. ARTA has streamlined both pre-sale shipping inquiries and post-sale arrangements by providing instant quotes for LiveAuctioneers bidders. Several new bidders have commented that the integration makes it more likely they will purchase from us in the future because the process was so seamless. Finally, the level of service and prompt communication provided by ARTA as a shipping facilitator on both the auction administration and customer side is outstanding.”
— Taylor Eichnewald, new orleans auction galleries
Our Public API is now available with a suite of improved updates, with additional features set to launch by the end of the year. You can find detailed documentation here.
Lowering the bar to integration has been the biggest focus for our team over the past few months. From new ways to get shipment status notifications to our updated test mode, we are ensuring developers have the tools they need to integrate easily and efficiently.
Shipment status updates
- We have implemented both email and webhook notifications to create more options for receiving shipment status updates. Our customers can configure which notifications they want to receive and who should receive them, which allows our partners to keep their clients up to date on the progress of their shipments.
- Our new test service allows our customers to hit our production environment with requests and get back real results. This allows for testing various scenarios as well as a holistic understanding of what types of requests will or will not return quotes during the integration process.
The next update will be focused on account management and organizational hierarchy. We will share full details upon launch, but in the meantime, here’s a teaser of what you can expect later this year:
API Client Dashboard
- A new dashboard interface that allows clients to set up their integrations and monitor their performance.
- Account hierarchy and user roles:
- The account owner(s) of an organization can invite individuals to create their own user accounts and assign each user specific account permissions.
In the coming weeks, we will also be adding new logistics modes and transport lanes to our service offerings, which we will share with our customers upon launch.
To speak to our team about the ARTA API and how it could be used for your organization, please email email@example.com.
To review our API documentation, click here.