ARTA's API provides an ecommerce solution for high friction items that are notoriously difficult to sell online via a single, click-to-buy transaction. In this post, we outline use cases for our API, it's key features and benefits, and show the API in action.
ARTA’s API provides an ecommerce solution for high friction items that are notoriously difficult to sell online via a single click-to-buy transaction. Our API allows businesses to integrate ARTA’s proprietary instant shipping and service pricing data into their own ecommerce site, providing a seamless online buying experience. Whether businesses are looking to launch an online sales platform for the first time, improve and streamline an existing ecommerce store, or ship to new regions, ARTA is assisting our clients with automating logistics and fulfillment.
Could your business benefit from the ARTA API?
There are a number of online sellers that would benefit from the ARTA API, with both internal and/or external use cases. If you are selling or auctioning items that require special packing or white glove services, are high value, fragile, or oversized, or if your logistics network is comprised of many carriers, ARTA may be just what you need to launch a seamless ecommerce experience, create operational efficiencies across internal resources, and grow revenue.
We are seeing an immediate need for our product and are working with the following types of businesses:
- Ecommerce platforms
- Auction Houses
- Art Galleries
- White-Glove Logistics Providers
How can the ARTA API help my business?
- Gain access to ARTA’s worldwide network of hundreds of shipping and service providers for global coverage and the ability to reach customers in new geographies.
- Streamline the complex logistics structure for fulfilling purchases of high-friction items and expand your product categories.
Create Operational Efficiencies
- Streamline logistics infrastructure through a single point of contact and billing party
- Increase accuracy of shipping costs, minimizing losses
- Automate customer shipping inquiries
- Reduce shipping administration required
Improve the Client Experience
- Offer shipping solutions for all clients, regardless of geographic location
- Instant, accurate shipping costs at point of purchase
- Single transaction and check out experience
What features does ARTA’s API offer?
Our API offers a suite of robust features, including:1. Instant Quoting - Our proprietary instant quoting system returns multiple rates for the most appropriate shipping methods and services based on rules that your business sets, or qualities of the item being shipped. All that is needed to provide an instant quote is the origin and destination cities. Additional first and last mile services, such as insurance, packing, and installation, can be added with rate updates in real time.
2. Ultimate flexibility and options for your customers with three service levels - Our API rates have global coverage across three levels of service:
- ARTA Parcel - Custom packaging and final mile services with expedited transit options from parcel providers.
- ARTA Select - Consolidated transportation option offering expedited and economy shipping options with white glove handling at collection and delivery.
- ARTA Premium - Specialized climate-controlled transportation operated by trained technicians from wall-to-wall.
You can learn more about our service levels here.
3. Packing Suite - For fragile, oversize, or high value items, the API offers rates for recommended and most appropriate packaging for the item, optimizing for price and safety. In addition, our Dimension Predictor technology enables quoting for objects with incomplete data (i.e. missing a third dimension). Based on the item type and descriptions, our API will determine fragility and appropriate packaging to ensure safety. If shipping multiple items for a single client, we will combine multiple objects into as few packages as possible and quote accordingly.
And by the way… what’s an API?
We’re so glad you asked. In tech-meets layman's terms, an Application Program Interface (API) is a piece of software that allows two applications to talk to each other. In other words, an API is the messenger that delivers your request to the provider that you're requesting it from and then delivers the response back to you.
ARTA in action:
Who should I reach out to for more information?
Contact our team at email@example.com to learn more about ARTA’s API.